**NOTE: Booking deadline 8th March 2017**
- strengthen subject and pedagogical knowledge about genomics;
- build a repertoire of practical techniques and teaching strategies that support students’ learning;
- develop a wide range of learning resources that illustrate current applications of genomics in research, industry and medicine.
Who would this CPD benefit?
Colleagues teaching the new Biology ‘A’ Level and those preparing to teach ‘A’ Level.
How will this CPD benefit my students?
The Genomics CPD course will provide a range of learning resources and practical techniques you can use to support your students’ learning.
4 - 4.30pm for refreshments, session timings: 4.30-6.30pm
15th March 2017
Session 1 - Learning resources and planning workshop
22nd March 2017*
Session 2 - Practical workshop (*provisional date)
Alice Overton-Smith & Kat Garland
Your biology students will:
- have a wide range of resources for learning about genomics that they can use in lessons and in their revision;
- carry out genomics lab techniques, e.g. gel electrophoresis, transformation of bacterial cells and genetic screening;
- enrich their knowledge and understanding of the applications of genomics in research and medicine, and explore the ethical issues surrounding advances in genomics.
BOOK NOW: https://www.stem.org.uk/cpd/338352/genomics
Please contact Emma on 01702 476026 x255 if you have any problems making a booking.