- This is a scholarship bursary awarded to aspiring leaders in order to complete the NPQSL and to progress onto NPQH
- All participants awarded a Targeted Scholarship must be in a primary, secondary or special school with cross school responsibility such as: experienced middle leaders, deputy heads, assistant heads, special educational needs co-ordinators (SENCOs) and advanced skills teachers and other senior staff looking for further professional development but who aspire to headship within 3 years.
- Further to the above there is an expectation that the participant will successfully complete NPQSL within 12 months
- Successful participants must enrol with a Licensee of choice by the end of August 2013
- Anyone working in a school with fewer than 100 children is not eligible for this scholarship (as NPQSL is already heavily subsidised for this group)
- Scholarships will be allocated to ensure a fair distribution across geographical areas and across primary, secondary, special, rural, urban, faith school sectors. We will also endeavour to ensure fair representation across genders, ethnicity and disability.
In order to apply please complete the following details online:
- Current role
- School type in which you are considering headship: primary, secondary, special / rural, urban, faith (include all that apply)
- Current leadership responsibilities
- Does your current head endorse your application (yes/no)
Please answer the following questions:
Q) How do you hope the qualification will help prepare you for headship in the future?
(max 200 words)