This is a UK-wide project and ESERO-UK expect to work with a total of 500 primary schools during the academic year beginning 2015. (England (400), Scotland (50), Wales (30) and NI (20)). Space Ambassadors are paid £500 per school and can indicate how many schools they have the capacity to work with.
The National Science Learning Centre are working with ESERO-UK to help primary schools use the context of space to increase:
• pupils’ enjoyment and engagement in science, numeracy and literacy lessons
• confidence in learning science and working scientifically
• knowledge of career opportunities available to pupils who study science and maths subjects
• pupil attainment in Science
• teacher confidence in teaching space topics
For further information follow the links below or see attached documents.
Please let Emma know via firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being part of this.