- enhance your mathematical knowledge to give you confidence to teach Mathematics to level 6 and into KS3
- inspire your enthusiasm for mathematics
- provide you with motivating activities and tasks for teaching mathematics.
- help teachers to deliver the demands of the new mathematics National Curriculum
- give opportunities for participation in lesson study to enhance and sustain innovation in mathematics teaching and learning.
For teachers meeting the criteria and supported by their Head Teacher, the course is FREE, funded
through the Matrix maths hub and run by the Benfleet Teaching School Alliance at The Appleton
School. The course is tutored by Paul Docker from the Appleton School and David Burghes from
Plymouth University and administered by the Centre for Innovation in Mathematics Teaching (CIMT)
at Plymouth University, which provides the online assessment for a "Certificate of Mathematical
Mastery" and opportunities to move on to Masters Degree modules.
The introductory meeting for this course will be held at The Appleton School on Monday 26th January, 4.30pm until 5.30pm.
12 Bi-weekly term time tutorial sessions will be held Mondays 4.30-6.30pm at The Appleton School starting Monday 2nd February.
For further information and an application form please visit: http://www.benfleet-teaching-school.co.uk/ and come to the introductory meeting.