It is my driving passion to secure equal opportunities for all pupils, together with access to a stimulating curriculum that gives pupils a grounding in the basic skills and a love of learning for life. To this end I have worked in SEN / Inclusion for the last eight years in several different schools. I have kept up to date with current theories and research in this area and worked as an SLE in two schools in the Thurrock area. As a SENCO in a mainstream school I have not specialised in any specific area of SEN but have tried to develop my skills and knowledge in order to support all children and their individual and varying needs.
In addition I have lead training in a range of issues related to SEN for several different audiences, including trainee teachers, NQTs, EYFS practitioners, teachers, TAs and governors.
In the light of the proposed changes in SEN provision, due to commence in September I have read widely around the new Code of Practice and attended several courses to ensure that my school and any other school that I support is fully prepared to take on board the new initiatives in SEN identification and provision.
I can offer support in the following areas:
- Preparation for the new COP, including re-writing SEN policy, preparing the School Offer and communicating with parents, staff and governors.
- TA training packages to ensure that the quality of support in class and interventions is of a good / better standard.
- TA Performance Management packages
- Individual support for TAs working in a 1:1 capacity with children with specific needs
- Provision Mapping
- Action Planning using data, School priorities and strengths.
- Training packages for specific groups on various issues of SEN
- Coaching new and less experienced SENCOs/INCOs in all areas of the role
Visit the SLE Support Page to see all SLEs & Pen Portraits.