In order to increase our capacity to support schools in a school-led system, SETSA and Southend Borough Council aim to designate a number of headteachers and Senior Deputies as South East Essex Leaders of Education.
Whilst we recognise this role will take you out of your own school from time to time, it is also an opportunity to share your knowledge, expertise and experience with colleagues as well as enhancing your own professional development. There is great value to be had by visiting other schools and working with senior colleagues.
- Be judged to be a good serving headteacher or senior deputy with at least three years’ experience in a good or outstanding school(Ofsted judgement)
- Work with one or more school(s)
- Have the full support of the school's governing body, SETSA and the Local Authority
- Be experienced as a coach or mentor to another headteacher or senior member of staff at a school other than their own
- Commit five days per year to the programme
Aims of their work:
To enable partner schools to build capacity for sustainable improvement including:
- Where the headteacher would benefit from peer challenge and support to ensure impact in key improvement priorities
- Where a new headteacher would benefit from assistance in the transition period to maintain momentum in their school's improvement
- Where the headteacher is looking to develop fresh perspectives on issues presenting considerable challenge
- A training day for successful applicants will take place after half term (date tbc)
If you would like to be considered for this role, please ensure you meet the selection criteria above and make an expression of interest to
firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 4th November.
There will be a training day for those selected on Friday 25th November (details to be confirmed).