This session is two and a half hours long and covers:
- The role of the Supervisor
- Choice of Title and Initial Planning
- Project Approval
- Mid Project Review
- Project Product & Presentation
- Project Log (checklist)
The session is run by AQA and will be delivered by Barbara Chandler, who is a Senior Moderator and Presenter for the Extended Project Qualification.
What is the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)?
This project develops a student's ability to research and analyse material independently. Universities support and value the EPQ as evidence of a student's ability to use a range of skills that are vital for successful study in higher education.
- gives students the opportunity to choose their own topic
- makes students responsible for their own learning and development
- inspires and motivates students – completing the project gives them greater confidence and a sense of achievement.
- teaches new skills, such as, independent research, project management, reflection and self-directed learning
- awards 70 UCAS points for an A*.
Date Tuesday 9th July 2013
First session 10.00-12.30
Alternative session 13.15-15.45* *This second session is a repeat of session 1
Venue: Westcliff High School for Girls, Kenilworth Gardens, Westcliff-on-sea SS0 0BS
Cost £70 per delegate (Please note there are limited spaces available)
For more information please call 01702 509365 or book online.