Director of Teaching School
David Struthers, Director
David has been the Director of SETSA since 2012 and leads the SETSA team. As well as overseeing the general TSA work he has led the Science Learning Partnership since 2014 and the Computing Hub since firstname.lastname@example.org
Emma Emmerton, Project Officer
Emma manages the Science Learning Partnership for Southend, Essex & Thurrock.
Sarah Beresford-Cole, Project Officer
Sarah manages the Computing Hub for London & Essex.
Nicola Staldi, Project Officer
Nicola will be taking over from Sarah managing the Computing Hub for London & Essex.
Emma Lowne, Administrator
Emma manages the NQT Development Programme; SLE Recruitment & Training; Leader Training Programmes; Subject Network Groups; Sport England Programme and other non-science training programmes.
James Gardner, Computing Hub Subject Lead
James has been the Head of Computer Science at Westcliff High School for Girls for the past 7 years. He has overseen the transition from ICT to the new GCSE and A-Level specification. He has been teaching ICT and Computer Science for more than 12 years, in both the Primary and Secondary Sector.
He has facilitated CPD and challenged staff in the school to find new and innovative ways to use the technology within their planning and delivery of lessons. He has also worked with staff to help them find more efficient ways of delivering content to students. He is an accredited Facilitator for NCCE and is the Computing Hub Subject Lead for the London and Essex Computing Hub.
Matt King, Lead Teacher for the SLP Biology Specialism
Matt is the lead teacher for the Biology specialism that SETSA gained in 2021. He is also Head of Biology at Westcliff High School for Girls, a STEM facilitator and a finalist for the 2021 Royal Society of Biology - Biology Teacher of the Year. Matt has over 12 years teaching experience.
- @EducateSouthendMr P 'Improving Reading & Writing through Disney & other Media' - https://t.co/fKu0FIJfUc 27 Sept 4pm - remote course £20ppFollow Us
- @EducateSouthend retweeted @SET_ScienceIf you haven't been able to experience required science practicals first hand this year, you might be interested in joining us at our upcoming face to face 'Closing the practical gap in science' CPD running @WHSG1920 on Fri 9 July: https://t.co/r7Tu8zMtke #secondaryscience #STEM https://t.co/F89IrxxXwQFollow Us
- @EducateSouthendSNG Meetings - This Week - Book now to receive your meeting link https://t.co/ecfrBCL4QKFollow Us
- @EducateSouthendEYFS - Summer Subject Network Group - 23 June 2021 4pm. Book your place to receive online meeting link https://t.co/Xu7LPSqw0VFollow Us
- @EducateSouthendSport England: New Session Added - https://t.co/AKrrfXraHVFollow Us
- @EducateSouthend retweeted @SET_ScienceRead the latest secondary & FE news from #Southend, #Essex & #Thurrock SLP - book remote CPD, secure your place at our regional #teacher & #technician conferences from the East of England SLPs - you can even join us for face to face CPD! https://t.co/Q0qYJHBZyL #ScienceTwitter https://t.co/jNYsXGp0BwFollow Us
- @EducateSouthendThis year's Science Jamboree is a fantastic opportunity for students to experience and discover the exciting & diverse world of STEM virtually. Aimed at Primaries (KS1 & 2 & EYFS). Awareness Event 27 May 4.15pm: https://t.co/c2AIwJe4QnFollow Us
- @EducateSouthend retweeted @SET_ScienceSouthend-on-sea primary science teachers: Please note that the next online network meeting +CPD "Good practice & assessment in primary science" has been moved to Thurs 10 June, please update your calendars & book your place here https://t.co/8qenmXq9DV @EducateSouthend #SouthendFollow Us
- @EducateSouthend retweeted @SET_ScienceThe Southend Virtual Careers Fair launches on Tues 4th May, showcasing a range of employers & career opportunities available in & around our local area. Read more about how your school can get involved! https://t.co/AkR0C1Ozve #Southend #Careers https://t.co/WN5KanXzCZFollow Us