Southend, Essex and Thurrock SLP selected as the Specialist Delivery SLP for Biology19th March 2021
Southend, Essex and Thurrock SLP have been selected as the Specialist Delivery SLP for Biology.
On notification of selection we were commended for the quality of our nomination and the excellence and professional expertise that has been built within our SLP. We will be working closely with STEM Learning to continue to grow the network through the introduction of this critical role.
Matt King, Head of Biology at Westcliff High School for Girls, will be heading up this work.
This role will include:
- In-depth facilitation and regular content contributions to relevant STEM Community Groups (in collaboration with Community Managers);
- Feeding in evidence-based CPD needs analysis, scrutinising the need for new CPD development, development of CPD as appropriate (which may require further draw-down contract days from allocation);
- Co-design (with STEM Learning) of offers and approaches, informed by their contribution to horizon scanning within their area of expertise;
- Contributing to STEM Learning’s thought-leadership externally;
- Contributing to STEM Learning’s editorial activity for demand generation and recruitment;
- Running remote network-wide events appropriate to the specialism e.g. FE networks, early career teacher networks;
- Advice, upskilling and building the capacity of the network in the specialist area (e.g. by contributing to the network meetings/development sessions);
- Contributing to collaboration and partnerships with external partners;
- Supporting the wider capacity building of SLPs against the High Performance Criteria beyond their specialist area e.g. coaching and mentoring.
- All Years