SETSA's priority is to ensure that our programme of learning events and resources are shaped by the needs of our schools. Our work is also steered by the Partnership Board, and the expertise represented ensures that what we offer is responsive and relevant to the needs of our teaching community.
The Partnership Board is made up of Headteachers from our partner schools, policymakers, academics and others with specific relevant expertise.
- To receive information regarding national, regional and local teaching school developments.
- To contribute ideas, feedback and provide opinion which will help to inform the strategic direction of SETSA.
- To provide a platform to discuss local issues and challenges and agree a way forward.
- To promote and support initiatives.
- To share ideas and collaborate on actions that can be taken for the benefit of all SETSA schools.
- To advise South Essex Teaching School Alliance Management Committee of decisions taken by providing minutes of each Board Meeting.
The membership of the South Essex Teaching School Alliance consists of representation from all Partner organisations. This will be the Headteacher or their nominated representative. Partner organisations may, on occasions, send more than one representative.
The Chair is the Headteacher of the Lead School - Dr Paul Hayman, Westcliff High School for Girls.
The Board meets at least once each term and will hold such additional meetings as are necessary.
Meetings for 2020-21:
Thursday 24th September 2020
Thursday 28th January 2021
Thursday 24th June 2021
All meetings are 7.45 - 9.15 am and are held in the Westcliff High School for Girls Headmasters Office.