NPQH – Headship
> NPQH – Headship (Value £1595)
For school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school. Scholarships may apply – please see criteria below each programme. Deadlines apply - so please enrol early to avoid disappointment!
The aim of the NPQH is to enable participants to gain an understanding of the expertise and approaches required to set an ambitious vision for their school, as well as learning how to establish a culture where staff and pupils can thrive.
Following completion of the NPQSL, participants will have covered the following ten areas:
· School Culture
· Curriculum and Assessment
· Additional and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
· Professional Development
· Organisational Management
· Working in Partnership
· Governance and Accountability
The NPQ in Headship is available for those who meet the following criteria:
§ are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school
§ are a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school
§ are in the first 24 months of headship
§ are employed in state funded school or state funded organisation that offer 16-19 places in England
Additional support offer for theâ¯NPQâ¯in Headship
In addition to the reformed suite ofâ¯NPQs, the department is introducing an additional support offer for new headteachers from autumn 2021. This is a targeted support package for teachers new to the role of headship.
You are eligible for this targeted support package if you meet the following criteria:
· are in your first 24 months of headship
· work in a state-funded school in England upon starting the training
· have either completed anâ¯NPQHâ¯before taking up your first headship post or are currently taking theâ¯NPQH
· have not withdrawn from the additional support programme previously
The offer provides structured, unassessed face-to-face support based on the best available evidence about what makes an effective headteacher. While the exact content of this support will depend on the provider chosen, activities could include a combination of group coaching, one-to-one support discussions and peer network support.
Please ensure that when applying for this programme you select ‘Harris Chafford Hundred Teaching School Hub’ as the ‘Delivery Partner’.
- National Leaders of Education
- National Leaders of Governance
- Local Leader of Education
- Specialist Leader of Education
- Other Support
- Subject Network Groups
- Partnership Board
- National Professional Qualifications