Funded support & subsidies
ENTHUSE Partnerships for schools and colleges
What is an ENTHUSE Partnership?
ENTHUSE Partnerships improve young people's attainment and engagement in STEM subjects and develop awareness and understanding of STEM careers, contributing to the Gatsby Careers Benchmarks.
How it works
At the heart of every ENTHUSE Partnership is a collaboration between 6 – 10 schools or colleges, supported by £20,000 worth of support over 2 years.
Each Partnership will develop a tailored two-year action plan, including:
- teacher CPD combining residential, local and online courses
- free, curated and quality assured resources
- teacher placements in a STEM-related industry or university department
- engaging with STEM Ambassadors to inspire young people
- STEM Clubs to engage young people and develop practical skills
Benefits and impact
Impact on young people:
- Increased attainment in STEM subjects, narrowing the gap for disadvantaged students.
- Increased interest in STEM careers: more students interested in working in STEM industries.
- Increased understanding of STEM careers: more students aware of the qualifications and routes to progress in STEM
Impact on teachers:
- Increased subject and pedagogical knowledge
- More confident and able to link their teaching to STEM careers
- Better equipped to draw on the opportunities offered by STEM employers
- More able to support STEM enrichment activities
How to take part
Funding becomes available at different times and in different areas. Sometimes schools or colleges are selected according to set criteria. If you would like to register your interest in participating in an ENTHUSE Partnership, please contact us.
Additional Subsidies available
Teacher Release Payments - how do they work?
Teacher Release Payments are subsidies available on many courses offered by our Science Learning Partnership. If you are in a maintained school, you will qualify to claim this support.
TRPs of 50% are currently available for the majority of our scheduled Summer term courses for primary & secondary - please email us to find out more.