London & Essex Computing Hub
London & Essex Computing Hub provides quality computing-specific Continued Professional Development (CPD) as well as a range of support for teachers in primary and secondary schools across Essex and eight North-East London boroughs.
We are part of a network of National Centre for Computing Education (NCCE) Computing Hubs across the country. The network is led by STEM Learning in conjunction with Raspberry Pi Foundation and BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT.
Our courses are from the national programme of Primary & Secondary CPD..
- aims to improve teachers’ subject knowledge & confidence in all aspects of computing to support the National Curriculum teaching requirements at Key Stages 1 - 4.
- provides practical advice on how to teach this to pupils.
- aims to improve girls’ engagement in secondary school computing and computer science.
- aims to upskill participating teachers to teach the new knowledge-rich GCSE Computer Science more effectively (via the Computer Science (CS) Accelerator programme).
- aims to train and certify 8,000 secondary computing teachers (via the CS Accelerator programme).
- We also support for teaching and learning at A Level through Isaac Computer Science and can provide full curriculum teaching resources from KS1-KS4
If you would like any further information, or how to get involved with the programme (as either a host venue or becoming a facilitator to deliver the courses) please get in touch with Nicola Staldi at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01702 476026 x326.
Take a look at our what we do: